Norman man recovering after violent home invasion | Crime
NORMAN, Okla. – Police are investigating a violent home invasion in Norman.
Authorities said Friday night they found a man who had been shot multiple times in a home on the 3300 block of Woodsboro Dr.
Neighbors said they called 911 because the homeowner had asked for help saying someone was trying to break into his house.
“The young man went back to his home,” neighbor Angie Matthews said. “Just about that time, police came and they said there was probably an incident that occurred and someone was shot as he was running back to his house and the other people tried to get into the residence.”
Authorities said the victim is expected to recover.
Upcoming Events near Cleveland County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man charged with sex crimes after game of truth or dare with 2 teenage girls
- Oklahoma resident behind bars after taking advantage of tornado victims’ benefits
- Plaza Towers Memorial: Here’s how you can help
- Storm survivors slam teen for FEMA fraud
- Oklahoma man takes advantage of FEMA, sentenced to prison