Burn ban lifted for parts of the state | Environment
Officials in some parts of the state have lifted the burn ban that has been in place for months.
Canadian County and McClain County officials have decided to let the current burn ban expire and not impose a new ban for the week of April 24, 2011 through May 1, 2011.
Officials say this week's forecast expects rain and cooler temperatures throughout the area.
The burn ban remains in effect for much of the state, including Oklahoma County.
Upcoming Events near Cleveland County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Norman schools run last minute inspections before storm season hits.
- Local museum offers a whole week of activities for spring break
- University of Oklahoma to offer FREE course on the Chemistry of Beer
- UPDATE: Alabama mom identified, second video surfaces
- OKC Man charged with molesting a 13-year old girl