Burn ban lifted for parts of the state | Environment
Officials in some parts of the state have lifted the burn ban that has been in place for months.
Canadian County and McClain County officials have decided to let the current burn ban expire and not impose a new ban for the week of April 24, 2011 through May 1, 2011.
Officials say this week's forecast expects rain and cooler temperatures throughout the area.
The burn ban remains in effect for much of the state, including Oklahoma County.
Upcoming Events near Cleveland County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man charged with sex crimes after game of truth or dare with 2 teenage girls
- Oklahoma resident behind bars after taking advantage of tornado victims’ benefits
- Plaza Towers Memorial: Here’s how you can help
- Storm survivors slam teen for FEMA fraud
- Oklahoma man takes advantage of FEMA, sentenced to prison