Women more prone to ACL injuries than men | Health
Topping Monday’s health check, women athletes and ACL injuries.
Last Thursday it was a heart-wrenching moment, OU basketball player Whitney Hand went up for an awkward shot and came crashing down in obvious pain.
The OU senior guard had to be helped off the court with tears in her eyes.
She tore her left ACL, ending her career at Oklahoma.
A sad and painful situation for the OU star and unfortunately, a very common injury among female athletes.
In fact, women athletes injure their ACLs up to eight times as often as male athletes.
OU orthopedic surgeon Dr. Sheila Algan talked with Linda about why this happens.
Upcoming Events near Cleveland County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Norman schools run last minute inspections before storm season hits.
- Local museum offers a whole week of activities for spring break
- University of Oklahoma to offer FREE course on the Chemistry of Beer
- UPDATE: Alabama mom identified, second video surfaces
- OKC Man charged with molesting a 13-year old girl