Women more prone to ACL injuries than men | Health
Topping Monday’s health check, women athletes and ACL injuries.
Last Thursday it was a heart-wrenching moment, OU basketball player Whitney Hand went up for an awkward shot and came crashing down in obvious pain.
The OU senior guard had to be helped off the court with tears in her eyes.
She tore her left ACL, ending her career at Oklahoma.
A sad and painful situation for the OU star and unfortunately, a very common injury among female athletes.
In fact, women athletes injure their ACLs up to eight times as often as male athletes.
OU orthopedic surgeon Dr. Sheila Algan talked with Linda about why this happens.
Upcoming Events near Cleveland County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Organization updating public on funds raised during last May’s tornadoes
- Emergency crews respond to bus accident
- Man charged with sex crimes after game of truth or dare with 2 teenage girls
- Oklahoma resident behind bars after taking advantage of tornado victims’ benefits
- Plaza Towers Memorial: Here’s how you can help
- UPDATE: Police arrest man who turned himself in after killing his wife
- Driver escapes without a scratch after truck vs. train collision in Norman
- Disabled athletes take to the court to raise funds for a local organization
- Major Norman roadways to open soon
- UPDATE: Popular exit back open for commute in Norman