Women more prone to ACL injuries than men | Health
Topping Monday’s health check, women athletes and ACL injuries.
Last Thursday it was a heart-wrenching moment, OU basketball player Whitney Hand went up for an awkward shot and came crashing down in obvious pain.
The OU senior guard had to be helped off the court with tears in her eyes.
She tore her left ACL, ending her career at Oklahoma.
A sad and painful situation for the OU star and unfortunately, a very common injury among female athletes.
In fact, women athletes injure their ACLs up to eight times as often as male athletes.
OU orthopedic surgeon Dr. Sheila Algan talked with Linda about why this happens.
Upcoming Events near Cleveland County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- OKC school teacher accused of sexual misconduct by multiple students
- Metro school bus drivers still concerned about icy bus routes
- Chocolate Lab survives being trapped in frozen pond for nearly two hours in Oklahoma City
- UPDATE: Firefighters battle SW OKC house fire
- Six month later, Moore family still battling with insurance company