Construction mishap, worker airlifted to hospital | News
MOORE, Okla. – A construction worker was airlifted to the hospital after he was injured on the job.
The bucket of a track hoe pinned the worker’s leg against a slab of concrete.
The accident happened at the water treatment facility in Moore.
Police said the force crushed his leg.
Sgt. Jeremy Lewis said investigators spoke with the operator of the track hoe.
“He just says it was an accident, that his jacket or something got caught on one of the controls caused it to turn and smashed the guy,” Sgt. Lewis said.
The victim works for Wynn Construction.
Police have not released his name.
Upcoming Events near Cleveland County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Organization updating public on funds raised during last May’s tornadoes
- Emergency crews respond to bus accident
- Man charged with sex crimes after game of truth or dare with 2 teenage girls
- Oklahoma resident behind bars after taking advantage of tornado victims’ benefits
- Plaza Towers Memorial: Here’s how you can help
- UPDATE: Police arrest man who turned himself in after killing his wife
- Driver escapes without a scratch after truck vs. train collision in Norman
- Disabled athletes take to the court to raise funds for a local organization
- Major Norman roadways to open soon
- UPDATE: Popular exit back open for commute in Norman