OU football player facing felony charges | News
NORMAN, Okla. – An OU football player is facing felony drug charges as the team prepares to play Texas A&M at the Cottonbowl.
According to Cleveland County District Attorney Greg Mashburn, Sooners cornerback Joe Powell has a preliminary hearing Dec. 18.
It will be for charges of possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
Powell was #3 and is now #8.
Freshman Sterling Shepard is now #3 and has not been connected to the alleged crimes in any way.
Upcoming Events near Cleveland County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Norman schools run last minute inspections before storm season hits.
- Local museum offers a whole week of activities for spring break
- University of Oklahoma to offer FREE course on the Chemistry of Beer
- UPDATE: Alabama mom identified, second video surfaces
- OKC Man charged with molesting a 13-year old girl