OU football player facing felony charges | News
NORMAN, Okla. – An OU football player is facing felony drug charges as the team prepares to play Texas A&M at the Cottonbowl.
According to Cleveland County District Attorney Greg Mashburn, Sooners cornerback Joe Powell has a preliminary hearing Dec. 18.
It will be for charges of possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
Powell was #3 and is now #8.
Freshman Sterling Shepard is now #3 and has not been connected to the alleged crimes in any way.
Upcoming Events near Cleveland County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Organization updating public on funds raised during last May’s tornadoes
- Emergency crews respond to bus accident
- Man charged with sex crimes after game of truth or dare with 2 teenage girls
- Oklahoma resident behind bars after taking advantage of tornado victims’ benefits
- Plaza Towers Memorial: Here’s how you can help
- UPDATE: Police arrest man who turned himself in after killing his wife
- Driver escapes without a scratch after truck vs. train collision in Norman
- Disabled athletes take to the court to raise funds for a local organization
- Major Norman roadways to open soon
- UPDATE: Popular exit back open for commute in Norman