Two killed in Norman car pile-up | News
NORMAN, Okla. – A six-car crash in Norman takes the lives of two people and injured two others Tuesday.
Bob Moore Chopper 4 was over the scene at the intersection of Highway 77 and Tecumseh Rd.
That’s where police said one car veered into oncoming traffic, somehow hitting five others cars.
We do know one of those killed is 27-year-old David Tompkins.
He was a member of the Army National Guard and a graduate of Norman North High school.
We’re told Tompkins was on his way to work with a local heating and air company when the crash happened.
Norman police 29-year-old David Jester also died in the accident.
Preliminary investigations suggest it was Tompkins’ vehicle that crossed the center line, causing the chain reaction crash.
Officers say they are still investigating what caused Tompkins to cross into oncoming traffic.
Upcoming Events near Cleveland County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man charged with sex crimes after game of truth or dare with 2 teenage girls
- Oklahoma resident behind bars after taking advantage of tornado victims’ benefits
- Plaza Towers Memorial: Here’s how you can help
- Storm survivors slam teen for FEMA fraud
- Oklahoma man takes advantage of FEMA, sentenced to prison