Tinker AFB reservists host Christmas party for vets | News
NORMAN, Okla. — Veterans were treated to a little bit of Christmas cheer as Santa paid a visit to the Norman Veterans Center Friday afternoon.
In full Santa fashion, he brought gifts for all the veterans, candy and even a bit of food to enjoy.
Many of these vets are over 85-years-old and served in WWII and Korea were not expecting this type of a surprise.
Jessamine Sheilds, a World War II Navy nurse, said, “They said we were going to have a party and I just thought well, it’s a little party and then we came in and there are all these people here and it’s just marvelous.”
The men and women of the 507th at Tinker Air Force Base sponsored this party, providing Santa, the gifts and the food.
Sr. Master Sgt. Robert Gaspar said, “To me, there is not much more that says Christmas than doing this.”
Upcoming Events near Cleveland County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- OKC school teacher accused of sexual misconduct by multiple students
- Metro school bus drivers still concerned about icy bus routes
- Chocolate Lab survives being trapped in frozen pond for nearly two hours in Oklahoma City
- UPDATE: Firefighters battle SW OKC house fire
- Six month later, Moore family still battling with insurance company