Tinker AFB reservists host Christmas party for vets | News
NORMAN, Okla. — Veterans were treated to a little bit of Christmas cheer as Santa paid a visit to the Norman Veterans Center Friday afternoon.
In full Santa fashion, he brought gifts for all the veterans, candy and even a bit of food to enjoy.
Many of these vets are over 85-years-old and served in WWII and Korea were not expecting this type of a surprise.
Jessamine Sheilds, a World War II Navy nurse, said, “They said we were going to have a party and I just thought well, it’s a little party and then we came in and there are all these people here and it’s just marvelous.”
The men and women of the 507th at Tinker Air Force Base sponsored this party, providing Santa, the gifts and the food.
Sr. Master Sgt. Robert Gaspar said, “To me, there is not much more that says Christmas than doing this.”
Upcoming Events near Cleveland County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Organization updating public on funds raised during last May’s tornadoes
- Emergency crews respond to bus accident
- Man charged with sex crimes after game of truth or dare with 2 teenage girls
- Oklahoma resident behind bars after taking advantage of tornado victims’ benefits
- Plaza Towers Memorial: Here’s how you can help
- UPDATE: Police arrest man who turned himself in after killing his wife
- Driver escapes without a scratch after truck vs. train collision in Norman
- Disabled athletes take to the court to raise funds for a local organization
- Major Norman roadways to open soon
- UPDATE: Popular exit back open for commute in Norman