Man gets life in prison for elderly man’s murder | News
NORMAN, Okla. – A Norman man has pleaded guilty to killing an 80-year-old man and has been sentenced to life in prison.
In 2012 another man, 59-year-old Bill Battenfield, pleaded guilty in Pollard’s murder and is now serving life in prison without parole.
Attorneys were seeking the death penalty but Battenfield took a plea deal before trial.
Upcoming Events near Cleveland County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man charged with sex crimes after game of truth or dare with 2 teenage girls
- Oklahoma resident behind bars after taking advantage of tornado victims’ benefits
- Plaza Towers Memorial: Here’s how you can help
- Storm survivors slam teen for FEMA fraud
- Oklahoma man takes advantage of FEMA, sentenced to prison