Lost ring reunited with long lost owner | News
NICOMA PARK, Okla. – Last Thursday we introduced you to Larry Terry, a Nicoma Park man who found an old OU class ring buried in the door of a car he was working on.
He spent months trying to search out the owner with no success, so last week he called us.
Within 24 hours of our story Larry was able to reunite the ring with its owner.
It was you, our viewers, who helped the ring find its way home.
Garry Stotts, an OU grad, misplaced his ring back in 2002 while working on the door of, what else, his VW bus.
After the story aired, Garry was bombarded with calls.
Sure enough it was his, so Friday Garry met up with Larry and it turns out, they had met before.
As for the ring, it’s in perfect condition.
More than a decade later, a reunion of sorts thanks to Larry who never gave up.
Upcoming Events near Cleveland County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man charged with sex crimes after game of truth or dare with 2 teenage girls
- Oklahoma resident behind bars after taking advantage of tornado victims’ benefits
- Plaza Towers Memorial: Here’s how you can help
- Storm survivors slam teen for FEMA fraud
- Oklahoma man takes advantage of FEMA, sentenced to prison
- UPDATE: Police arrest man who turned himself in after killing his wife
- Driver escapes without a scratch after truck vs. train collision in Norman
- Disabled athletes take to the court to raise funds for a local organization
- Major Norman roadways to open soon
- UPDATE: Popular exit back open for commute in Norman