UPDATE: Man shot to death, body found in burned home | News
NORMAN, Okla. – Norman Police have just released that the man found in the Norman burned out home was shot to death.
Now they are asking for the public’s help.
Crews responded to flames on Villa Dr. Wednesday morning and in the burned home they found the body of 51-year-old Patrick Burton, who died from a gunshot wound.
They said a few incidents in this case have led them to believe his death is suspicious.
Officials found him shot to death in a burned out Norman home and now his vehicle is no where to be found after his death.
Thursday they discovered Burton’s truck was missing, a 2004 extended cab Chevrolet with the tag 088 AXI.
Officers dusted a car in the driveway for fingerprints and evidence markers were placed in the backyard near a shed.
Neighbors said an elderly woman lived in the home with her son.
Investigators haven’t released the cause of the fire but believes it may have started in one of the bedrooms.
Upcoming Events near Cleveland County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Norman schools run last minute inspections before storm season hits.
- Local museum offers a whole week of activities for spring break
- University of Oklahoma to offer FREE course on the Chemistry of Beer
- UPDATE: Alabama mom identified, second video surfaces
- OKC Man charged with molesting a 13-year old girl