Voters say yes to change in school districts | News
There wasn’t a huge turn-out but enough voters went to the polls to make dramatic changes in several school districts Tuesday.
The Oklahoma City Public School Board has a new chairman; Lynne Hardin will replace Angela Monson after winning with a margin of just 169 votes.
New school facilities or technology upgrades were approved in Edmond, Putnam City, Moore and Western Heights after voters said yes to bond proposals.
Also, the Dustin and Graham school districts will be consolidated.
New Oklahoma City Public School Board Chairman Lynne Hardin joined us to talk about her win and the huge job ahead on so many fronts for OKC public schools.
Upcoming Events near Cleveland County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man charged with sex crimes after game of truth or dare with 2 teenage girls
- Oklahoma resident behind bars after taking advantage of tornado victims’ benefits
- Plaza Towers Memorial: Here’s how you can help
- Storm survivors slam teen for FEMA fraud
- Oklahoma man takes advantage of FEMA, sentenced to prison
- UPDATE: Police arrest man who turned himself in after killing his wife
- Driver escapes without a scratch after truck vs. train collision in Norman
- Disabled athletes take to the court to raise funds for a local organization
- Major Norman roadways to open soon
- UPDATE: Popular exit back open for commute in Norman