Voters say yes to change in school districts | News
There wasn’t a huge turn-out but enough voters went to the polls to make dramatic changes in several school districts Tuesday.
The Oklahoma City Public School Board has a new chairman; Lynne Hardin will replace Angela Monson after winning with a margin of just 169 votes.
New school facilities or technology upgrades were approved in Edmond, Putnam City, Moore and Western Heights after voters said yes to bond proposals.
Also, the Dustin and Graham school districts will be consolidated.
New Oklahoma City Public School Board Chairman Lynne Hardin joined us to talk about her win and the huge job ahead on so many fronts for OKC public schools.
Upcoming Events near Cleveland County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Norman schools run last minute inspections before storm season hits.
- Local museum offers a whole week of activities for spring break
- University of Oklahoma to offer FREE course on the Chemistry of Beer
- UPDATE: Alabama mom identified, second video surfaces
- OKC Man charged with molesting a 13-year old girl