Voters say yes to change in school districts | News
There wasn’t a huge turn-out but enough voters went to the polls to make dramatic changes in several school districts Tuesday.
The Oklahoma City Public School Board has a new chairman; Lynne Hardin will replace Angela Monson after winning with a margin of just 169 votes.
New school facilities or technology upgrades were approved in Edmond, Putnam City, Moore and Western Heights after voters said yes to bond proposals.
Also, the Dustin and Graham school districts will be consolidated.
New Oklahoma City Public School Board Chairman Lynne Hardin joined us to talk about her win and the huge job ahead on so many fronts for OKC public schools.
Upcoming Events near Cleveland County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- OKC school teacher accused of sexual misconduct by multiple students
- Metro school bus drivers still concerned about icy bus routes
- Chocolate Lab survives being trapped in frozen pond for nearly two hours in Oklahoma City
- UPDATE: Firefighters battle SW OKC house fire
- Six month later, Moore family still battling with insurance company