Norman weighing drought options with Lake Thunderbird | News
NORMAN, Okla. – The Norman City Council will weigh options for more water from Lake Thunderbird at a city council meeting Tuesday night.
The council is being asked to approve a five-year contract for up to $300 million gallons of water from Del City’s allotment of Lake Thunderbird water.
Del City currently gets most of its water from wells and could realistically “spare” the water.
Tuesday’s meeting is a non-voting study session.
Upcoming Events near Cleveland County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- OKC school teacher accused of sexual misconduct by multiple students
- Metro school bus drivers still concerned about icy bus routes
- Chocolate Lab survives being trapped in frozen pond for nearly two hours in Oklahoma City
- UPDATE: Firefighters battle SW OKC house fire
- Six month later, Moore family still battling with insurance company