Norman repairs begin, allow more time for commute | News
NORMAN, Okla. – Get ready for another round of traffic tie ups in Norman.
Starting Thursday at 7 a.m., the Oklahoma Department of Transportation will close the eastbound outside lane on the Main Street Bridge over I-35.
It’s all part of the Main St. exit construction project.
Traffic has increased so much over the bridge with the exits being closed that potholes have formed.
Crews said they plan to have the lanes closed just for one day, to make repairs.
Last week, the Lindsey Street Bridge was closed for similar repairs.
Upcoming Events near Cleveland County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Organization updating public on funds raised during last May’s tornadoes
- Emergency crews respond to bus accident
- Man charged with sex crimes after game of truth or dare with 2 teenage girls
- Oklahoma resident behind bars after taking advantage of tornado victims’ benefits
- Plaza Towers Memorial: Here’s how you can help
- UPDATE: Police arrest man who turned himself in after killing his wife
- Driver escapes without a scratch after truck vs. train collision in Norman
- Disabled athletes take to the court to raise funds for a local organization
- Major Norman roadways to open soon
- UPDATE: Popular exit back open for commute in Norman