Norman repairs begin, allow more time for commute | News
NORMAN, Okla. – Get ready for another round of traffic tie ups in Norman.
Starting Thursday at 7 a.m., the Oklahoma Department of Transportation will close the eastbound outside lane on the Main Street Bridge over I-35.
It’s all part of the Main St. exit construction project.
Traffic has increased so much over the bridge with the exits being closed that potholes have formed.
Crews said they plan to have the lanes closed just for one day, to make repairs.
Last week, the Lindsey Street Bridge was closed for similar repairs.
Upcoming Events near Cleveland County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Norman schools run last minute inspections before storm season hits.
- Local museum offers a whole week of activities for spring break
- University of Oklahoma to offer FREE course on the Chemistry of Beer
- UPDATE: Alabama mom identified, second video surfaces
- OKC Man charged with molesting a 13-year old girl