Norman police seize 14K packages of synthetic drugs in traffic stop | News
NORMAN, Okla. – What started as routine traffic stop ended as a major synthetic drug bust Thursday afternoon.
Norman officials said an officer stopped a Nissan Quest on I-35 in Norman for multiple traffic violations.
The officer searched the vehicle and found 14,000 individual packages of suspected synthetic drugs, they said, worth about $400,000 on the street.
Police did not arrest the driver who claimed to be traveling from Dallas to Kansas City.
Officials said they have not ruled out the possibility of charges against the driver.
They are waiting on test results from the OSBI.
Upcoming Events near Cleveland County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man charged with sex crimes after game of truth or dare with 2 teenage girls
- Oklahoma resident behind bars after taking advantage of tornado victims’ benefits
- Plaza Towers Memorial: Here’s how you can help
- Storm survivors slam teen for FEMA fraud
- Oklahoma man takes advantage of FEMA, sentenced to prison