Moore residents asking your help to be “America’s Favorite Park” | News
MOORE, Okla. – The city of Moore is trying to win $100,000 to help rebuild Veterans Memorial Park.
The city is participating in a nationwide contest searching for “America’s Favorite Park,” sponsored by Coca-Cola.
During the July 4 celebration at Buck Thomas Park in Moore, volunteers helped residents vote for the park.
As of Thursday night, Veterans Memorial Park was in first place.
The park was damaged in the May 20 tornado.
The contest ends July 15 and the winner will be announced in August.
Upcoming Events near Cleveland County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Organization updating public on funds raised during last May’s tornadoes
- Emergency crews respond to bus accident
- Man charged with sex crimes after game of truth or dare with 2 teenage girls
- Oklahoma resident behind bars after taking advantage of tornado victims’ benefits
- Plaza Towers Memorial: Here’s how you can help
- UPDATE: Police arrest man who turned himself in after killing his wife
- Driver escapes without a scratch after truck vs. train collision in Norman
- Disabled athletes take to the court to raise funds for a local organization
- Major Norman roadways to open soon
- UPDATE: Popular exit back open for commute in Norman