Moore residents asking your help to be “America’s Favorite Park” | News
MOORE, Okla. – The city of Moore is trying to win $100,000 to help rebuild Veterans Memorial Park.
The city is participating in a nationwide contest searching for “America’s Favorite Park,” sponsored by Coca-Cola.
During the July 4 celebration at Buck Thomas Park in Moore, volunteers helped residents vote for the park.
As of Thursday night, Veterans Memorial Park was in first place.
The park was damaged in the May 20 tornado.
The contest ends July 15 and the winner will be announced in August.
Upcoming Events near Cleveland County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Norman schools run last minute inspections before storm season hits.
- Local museum offers a whole week of activities for spring break
- University of Oklahoma to offer FREE course on the Chemistry of Beer
- UPDATE: Alabama mom identified, second video surfaces
- OKC Man charged with molesting a 13-year old girl