Moore residents asking your help to be “America’s Favorite Park” | News
MOORE, Okla. – The city of Moore is trying to win $100,000 to help rebuild Veterans Memorial Park.
The city is participating in a nationwide contest searching for “America’s Favorite Park,” sponsored by Coca-Cola.
During the July 4 celebration at Buck Thomas Park in Moore, volunteers helped residents vote for the park.
As of Thursday night, Veterans Memorial Park was in first place.
The park was damaged in the May 20 tornado.
The contest ends July 15 and the winner will be announced in August.
Upcoming Events near Cleveland County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man charged with sex crimes after game of truth or dare with 2 teenage girls
- Oklahoma resident behind bars after taking advantage of tornado victims’ benefits
- Plaza Towers Memorial: Here’s how you can help
- Storm survivors slam teen for FEMA fraud
- Oklahoma man takes advantage of FEMA, sentenced to prison